Sunday, April 23, 2006

Oil is at highest ever price and so is gold

Where is the economy going?

Oil prices have hit 75 mark, is it going to prove the Goldman report that came out last year true. The report that said the prices will reach 100+. Everyone threw it out of the window last year, when the report came out.

Mr. Bush controlled the prices by releasing some oil inventory and the prices had gone down last time. What’s happening this time? No one is correcting the prices by any counter action? Why? Is it psychologically less leap than last time (40 to 70) and now (60 to 75)? I would love to know what going on? No time to do data mining :-(

How can I forget gold! It’s 635 almost highest ever in 20+ years. Once again why? Is it demand driving the price or is it less supply? But wow the market is seeing some phenomenon that unexplainable for me. Gold from 260 to 650 in 4 to 5 years and oil from 21+ to 75 in 5 years . Is it not counted as inflation?

Anyway whets going on? Not writing about my b-school experience and I’m writing about economy. I guess I’m just a lil surprised that market is changing and I’m not keeping up with the news.

So finally 3 weeks at iima.
One thing learnt (not to be forgotten) is time is expensive here :-)

Looking forward to 4 th week - the starting day has
1. DOMD presentation - group
2. JLP - TLP in OB
3. Possible tornado touch down in AOD (Probabilities)

Looking forward to jam packed week 4 ahead... God give me strength, speed and courage, I'll be victorious.

No comments: