Thursday, October 13, 2005

IIMA results are out and I made it.

You all already know I made it to IIMA, but thought it may be a good idea to post my thoughts what went through my Mind when I heard the news on Sep 30 th.

This has been longest one month of my life. The wait is finally over. I’m selected. Now it’s on me to take it up or leave it. I’m 90% inclined to take up the offer. Though there is always chance for me to say no and explore ISB, Wharton, LBS, IMD, INSEAD singapore.

My interview was over on sep 12th and after interview at informal lunch the faculty (interviewers) had mentioned that there was possibility of early results. This information had kept me awake late and wake up early for almost last week. Including my SFO trip. Anyway, after all speculations on dates, results finally came on 09/29/2005. I was amongst the first ones to have +ve results and that was a great relief.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/iim_pgpx/message/546

GMAT was off on aug 3rd.
Application got submitted on August 10th.
I got invited on August 22nd.
Essays were complete by Sep 3rd
Interview got over by sep 12th
Results are in now Sep 29th

But it isn’t over yet
1. Sell/Rent house
2. Plan finances
3. Work out a situation with My employer
4. Work out a situation with my in laws
5. And plan the move

While I’ll be done with all..

I’ll have a new monkey waiting.. IIMA course 

It never ends .. and it is never over…….

2 comments:

V said...

whatay .. welcome to wimwi :)

Anonymous said...

do i still have time to apply?

-Nirav.