Sunday, October 09, 2005

Now it's time to sell house

After all negotiations, I have chosen the realtor who is in the median of projected sell price that each realtor we interviewed gave us. The price seems right and hopefully I’ll have offers on house in first 21 days (that's her projection).

Once on market we have cleaned the house, no more dirshti's toys on the floor, no more my books and laptops in the way. The house looks different for good. A house that I don't ever want to sell.

Once in while I stand near the backyard door and feel sad. I'm probably not going to have this large backyard for a long time (at least a year). I'm not going to have the space a room for office, a room for temple, a room for library. I'm going to miss this house, my first (our first) house where we put in our heart and soul and a lot of money in making it our home. I'm sure Bhairavi's sadder than I am. But the support she is giving me is just can not be expressed by words.

I'm sad but I’m happy, an opportunity to try going back to India and that too IIMA is worth the sacrifice.