Thursday, October 13, 2005

IIMA It is

It's been a long discussion with few friends, few acquaintances, family members and most importantly myself. I decided to pursue IIMA out of following short listed schools

  1. IIMA
  2. ISB
  3. Wharton
  4. Kellogg
  5. HBS
  6. Columbia
  7. LSB
  8. IMD
  9. INSEAD
The main reason i have mixed bag of schools from Europe, Asia and USA is, I want an international outlook and possibly a job that has international exposure.

Some of them were my backup plans while some of these schools were on my tier 1 list. After a lot of discussions I decided to give IIMA a shot, though reluctant about it's first year i probably did not give the best shot.

I started the application, gave GMAT , waited for my first round (one of the most killing time of my life), got invited for interview, wrote my essays in a week with Bhairavi, Sonu and Anurag helping me edit the essays, preparde presnetaion and finally interview. It was a long road and by sep 12 th i was done and waiting.

The thoughts that were racing my mind during Sep 12 th and Sep 30(date of results) were what if i get in and what if i don't. I prepared myself for both the situations. Outcome was to my happiness, IIMA accpted me.

I'm now prpearing our family move to IIMA from Iselin NJ. It's a lager effort for me to move that inludes selling house, furniture etc and move.

I'm all up for it ... :-) why not it's for IIMA........................ :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so what