Monday, September 25, 2006

NID Garba

This year I hope to make most out of A'bad with garba. What better to start the season with NID?

NID (National institute of design) organizes garba all of the nine nights. I guess they only allow students for first three nights. We went there yesterday, our first garba of the season.

Not knowing what to expect if they did not let spouse and kids in we went there. Nevertheless, they did allow every one in. So start our garba adventure.

Wow!! The pathway about 150 ft. long was decorated with diyas (like candles). All I can say is that’s why they are best in design.

Next thing was garba ground. It was less than 1/5th full. The music guys were awesome, one of the best traditional music folks. (I have not seen it all though, my opinion may change).

Anyway, so we had 1.5 rounds and than our daughter wanted to go home so we came back. However, memories still remain and will stay forever...

No comments: