Wednesday, September 07, 2005

To do MBA or not to do?

This is a question every one has when they plan MBA studies?

Ofcourse answer depends on one's goal. If a person has aspirations to grow their careers I believe MBA is an essential step-stone. MBA, I believe, can act as catalyst and fast-track one's career. But career in what technology, no -- than one's better off with out MBA. For me MBA will allow me to lead, manage and decide effectively to do the job positions like Manager, Analyst, strategy consultant, Functional leader, marketing and sales personal etc.

MBA's don't do anything but make things effective, they don't produce but the help make process to produce effectively, the help sell the produce effectively.

I'm at a career-path that MBA is an essential and only choice for me to grow my career quickly and with confidence. A project manager, with 5+ years of PM experience and about 11 years in IT has taught me one thing; life is all about learning and bettering myself. To grow in to program management positions or product manager positions and than on to run an enterprise, I need to do MBA. I need the toolset and some real-life like learning to grow my career and stay on my career-path.
I don't know if I will ever achieve experience and skills to do such a job at my current job. I absolutely doubt that I would get width and breadth of experience and skills.

FOR me Now it's MBA or Die ( From :- Do or die ... I believe Gandhiji told us Indians in 1942) :-)

No comments: